Other eBay.co.uk changes include:
Updated Vehicle Parts & Accessories sell item form
EBay are updating the sell item form for items listed in Vehicle Parts & Accessories. The changes mean it will be easier to assign compatible vehicles to your listings.
Sellers who list through Frooition will be unaffected by this change.
Live Date: June 2013
Shipping – New International Tracked Postage
EBay have partnered with eCommerce Logistics companies to provide sellers with an option for fast delivery with full tracking when exporting products overseas.
The new International Tracked Postages is being rolled out to a test group of sellers, sellers can register interest for this service here: http://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/international-tracked-postage-service-ebay
- Full end-to-end tracking.
- Quick and flexible delivery options from 2–5 days within the European Union.
- Key export countries include: Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Ireland, Belgium, Portugal, the Netherlands, the US, Australia and New Zealand.
- Get your packages picked up with the collection option.
- Easy returns option (Buyer pays in-country return postage costs).*
- Full integration with delivery management platform Metapak (required, but at no additional cost).
- Integration with selling tools (contact your provider).
- Competitive pricing for fully-tracked international postage may help you to save money.
- A customs-brokered solution for non-EU countries
Live Date: Live now for test sellers
Tickets Moving to Stub Hub
EBay are moving the ticket category over to StubHub rather than eBay.
- No listing fee – list as many tickets as you like and only pay a commission if they sell.
- StubHub guarantee that you’ll get paid for the tickets you sell and deliver.
- Custom-made tools – StubHub’s seller tools allow you to list tickets and manage multiple listings easily.
- Mobile apps – buy and sell tickets – and manage your listings – on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Dedicated customer service – StubHub handles all customer questions, technical problems and issues.
Live Date: May 2013
EBay Charity No Minimum Donation
Sellers can choose to offer 10% for charity rather than a minimum £1 donation. This is useful for any sellers listing items that sell for less than £10.
Benefits of an eBay Charity listing include:
- More visibility in search results as listings stand out with the eBay for Charity ribbon
- Choice of which charity you’d like to support.
- Choice of what percentage of your final selling price you’d like to give to charity and what percentage you’d like for yourself.
- Option to add Gift Aid to your donations.
- Fee credits on your basic insertion and final value fees equal to the percentage that you donate. So if you donate 50% of your selling price to a charity, eBay will waive 50% of your fees.
- 100% of your donation will reach the charity you choose.
Live Date: Now
Unique product identifier to appear in Google Shopping
If you use a unique product identifier your listings will now appear on Google shopping for free! Google Shopping provides extra visibility and is usually a paid for service, eBay do this on your behalf removing the fee for this service.
You must now add unique product identifiers to your listings in order to appear on Google Shopping. Google requires all sellers to include unique product identifiers in their listings. Not providing these identifiers means your items won’t show up in Google Shopping – causing you to miss out on sales opportunities.
Live Date: Now